Monday, January 12, 2009

Nigella's Peas with buttery lettuce







I can't get enough of Nigella at the moment. Well, I guess you could say I am a little obsessed with her and going through a real Nigella stage. It's funny because I've been watching her shows for a while now (so addicted to the food channel), and I never really have taken an interest in her. However, I have now literally fallen in love with her cooking, and find her shows highly entertaining. I love how she is 'not proper' in her cooking, and defeats all culinary terms one would learn through cookery and hospitality school. I love how she admits to use 'instant mashed potatoes' (although I'm not sure if I'm quite game enough to use this yet), and I love mostly how her meals are quick and tasty.


Of most recent, well the past two days, I have made Nigella's Lettuce and Peas, and let me tell you that they are to die for. Yes, peas, so tasty and delicate with finely shredded wilted lettuce. Pic's coming soon, but for now, here's the winning recipe:
Peas with buttery lettuce

In a pot add a drop of olive oil with one teaspoon unsalted butter
Add four spring onions
Add any soft lettuce finely shredded and tumble onto butter and oil
Stir lettuce and spring onions, wait for the lettuce to wilt
Add frozen baby peas
Add one cup (depending on how many peas) of hot chicken stock
Allow to cook with lid on (low heat) for 20 min or until really soft
Enjoy!

No comments: