Friday, October 17, 2008

Abbotsford Market




It was a nice sunny day on Saturday in Melbourne. I love September Spring days in Melbourne. We decided to head down to the Abbotsford Convent Slow Food Market. For all you fellow Melbournians, you would agree with me that the Convent is so pretty and the gardens are superb. After having a stroll around the market, we found ourselves a little hungry. 'Lentil as Anything' is situated within the convent. The concept itself of this eatery is entirely different to anywhere that I have eaten before. You basically pay what you think the meal was worth. So, you order, eat, and then leave money in the honesty box! The place itself supports refugees. The food consists of mainly Indian and African cuisine. For the first time I tried African Dhal (yummy), and I also had Indian Dhal, rice and salad. The Abbortsford Slow Food Market is on once a month.

No comments: