Sunday, June 8, 2008

Michelle's Thai Fish Cakes

I've always liked Thai Fish Cakes, but it was not until last week that I had actually made them for the first time myself. Well, I guess you can say that I was forced in a way to learn how to make them, as I ran a practical class for Year 10 Food Tech, and we were making Thai Fish Cakes. So, as usual, just as with everything else, I found myself in the kitchen in my house, adding a few different ingredients, and coming up with my own version. I replaced the fish fillets with salmon.

Michelle's Thai Salmon Cakes

1 piece Salmon fillet (about 200 grams - roughly chopped / shredded)
Fresh coriander (about 2 tablespoons) finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 carrot, grated
1/2 red onion, finely diced
3 spring onions, roughly chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup self-raising flour
Small amount of peanut oil to shallow fry salmon cakes.
Sweet Chili Sauce (to serve)

Put salmon in a large bowl. Add grated carrot, diced onion, spring onions, coriander and eggs. Mix through lightly. Add self-raising flour and fresh coriander and ginger and mix through lightly. Heat up oil in pan, spoon mixture into small patties and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Serve with sweet chili sauce.

1 comment:

kim* said...

I will have to use this as a reference the next time I cook.